Country First is a national non-partisan movement aiming to activate the Reasonable Majority, defend democracy, solve problems, and mend divisions to renew the promise of the American Dream and real opportunity for all.
Through a few simple actions, college students can help strengthen and serve our democracy by educating, engaging, and recruiting students to the Country First movement.
Opportunity: College students can earn the distinction and title of 2023 National Democracy Scholar.
National Democracy Scholar Benefits:
- Invitation to join regional and/or national committees with further leadership opportunities and distinctions.
- Access to exclusive programming with Congressman Adam Kinzinger and other pro-democracy leaders.
- Professional development opportunities with distinguished members of Country First.
- Add this impressive title and award to your LinkedIn, resume, and graduate school applications.
- Free Country First swag.
Requirements: (complete all 3)
- Identify professors’ classes and/or student groups open to a 3-5 minute informative presentation about Country First, and give three such presentations (you will be given everything necessary to successfully do so).
- Submit a letter to the editor of your school newspaper, university-wide digital blog, or other on-campus publication highlighting a problem that Country First aims to address.
- Develop a project that shares the Country First mission with others and represents your core values. It can be tabling at your university, creating a series of informational TikToks (at least 3), planning a supply drive for a local organization, participating in community service, or anything else you brainstorm!
To register as a prospective National Democracy Scholar, please complete the form on this page to gain access to the resources needed to earn this distinction.